Gary Vaynerchuk’s quotes are special. As the CEO of VaynerX, author, speaker, wine expert, serial entrepreneur ‘GaryVee’ is known for many things, but millions know him best for his unvarnished, positive, honest, inspirational quotes.
But why is that people gravitate to, memorize and wear t-shirts with Gary Vaynerchuk quotes and sayings?
“I think the biggest reason my quotes work is because of my lack of education,” says Gary. “I was so under-read and I lived in such a fucking cocoon for the first 34 years of my life, which was my family, my side business as a kid, and then my family business.”
“I don’t think I’m worth listening to or being paid attention to because I have funny quotes or inspiring quotes or inspiring one-minute clips on Instagram. It’s not what I’m saying … it’s what I’m doing.“Gary Vaynerchuk Quote from DailyVee #180
“Like, it’s really a little weird now that I think about it. I actually say things that have been said forever. I just don’t actually know the right way to say it. So I came up with my own way to fucking say it. And I think it’s that freshness.”
“I say things I mean. I think a lot of people try to build motivation accounts and tweak things or put things on Instagram that they’ve seen on another motivation page. There’s a lot of sayings that I know are good sayings, but I don’t say them because I don’t believe in that. It’s not that they’re not wrong. I just haven’t lived it. I talk about shit I’ve lived.”
“Like ‘being the bigger person’ you know … I didn’t make up that quote, but I don’t think it was that out there. I think there’s a freshness [in my quotes] because of a lack of knowing the classic way to say it. And I think there’s an unbelievable amount of oomph behind it because I fucking believe my shit.”
“I believe my shit. And I think people have a sixth sense [for that].”
The quotes run the gamut from Gary’s views on money, college, finding happiness, sports cards, and how to build yourself up without tearing others down. We hope you find some that inspire, challenge and prompt you to discover a little more about yourself. Enjoy.
1. Can’t wait for Instagram to get rid of likes. Hoping it leads to the elimination of public vanity metrics. Really believe it will lead to an explosion of creativity and truth.
2. How can you give a fuck what people think when they don’t have the full picture? And more importantly, how can you judge someone when you don’t have the full picture?
4. Fuck everything.
5. Those who spit hate out there mouth are wildly broken inside, I’m not mad at them, I feel sorry as fuck for them.
6. Give me kind as fuck and “B” skills over Complete asshole with “A+” skills. How you interact with the other boys and girls matters the most!
7. Slow down the macro (you got time in life)…speed up the micro (get more done daily).
8. Be aggressively kind! If you are really happy inside – share that shit. Cause the angry are better at expressing it and it’s time we change that ❤️💛💙
10. I suck at selling, I’m great I’m talking about the things I care about.
11. The ability to not care about anybody else’s opinions is the singular gateway to happiness
13. Being yourself is so much easier 😉 Who you trying to impress?
14. Stop judging yourself, so many beating themselves up, did you try as hard as you could? Did you have good intent? Good, you won.
16. Reputation is the ultimate currency
18. If you’re a CEO and your employees aren’t performing, that’s on you. Solving it comes down to 3 things:
- Take the blame
- Communicate better
- Tell them they’re not executing at the level you’re hoping for. Then ask, “what can I do to help?”
Then actually start helping.
19. Your focus on hating yesterday is killing your opportunity to love tomorrow.
20. Sacrificing for what you want ✅ Suffering for what you want 🚫
22. Hoping today is a day you get an insight on yourself and it leads to more happiness.
24. When you stay in your lane and speak about things you’ve lived and have done, it tends to work out
25. Supply and demand is undefeated.
26. Gratitude is the cure
27. People are better at creating ceiling for themselves than any outside force.
29. If you’re so happy, then start putting happiness out into the universe.
30. You don’t have to eliminate negative family, you have to limit it.
31. Happiness over flashiness – stop the confusion.
33. I genuinely like people, have compassion and understanding when things don’t go well with them! Love and adore their capacity and the overall warmth and good we have in the world. Perspective is a powerful thing. If you see this, thank you 💙
34. People aren’t willing to sacrifice for what they want
35. Kindness is karma
37. Anger and retaliation is never the reaction to venom. Never.
38. Practice positive perspective: 3P’s.
39. I like the game of thinking, whether it’s winning or losing.
41. By the age of 7, 80% of my activities outside were business.
42. I’m such an animal of the market, that’s what makes me so adaptable.
44. Don’t judge the end of the first quarter.
45. I don’t want your money, I want your admiration.
46. A lot of you are looking for the next step, when the next step is what got you there in the first place.
47. If you’re good enough, no one is stopping you.
49. Kids… want to be happy? Get off your parents payroll, the quicker they stop paying for stuff, the sooner they have no “say”
50. You find what you’re looking for.
51. Everyone is trying to prove something with final results or showing they bought something.
52. If you tell everyone you’re going to do something and you change your mind 100 days in, that’s a strength not a weakness.
53. You either want to become the “magazine” or the person they put on the front of the “magazine.”
55. I lack entitlement. It’s my strength.
56. Something that happened yesterday, has nothing to do with tomorrow.
58. Want to prove something? Prove that you are enjoying the process of figuring yourself out and chasing your current ambitions and curiosities.
59. You don’t want what your friends want, so why the fuck would you care?
61. If you 100% enjoy the chaos and the unknown, you’re an entrepreneur.
62. The biggest asset in the world is your mindset
63. Every parent is judging their kids based on yesterday, but your kids are living in today, which is a better indicator of tomorrow
64. You fucked up. They’re 49% of the equation, you are 51.
65. If you think about business like a computer, culture is the operating system. Everything else is an “app.” Finance is an app. Creative is an app. Strategy is an app. But culture is the operating system.
67. When you find something you like and you’re good at it, life is a lot better than when you only chase money or dwell that the system is against you.
68. Makes me actually laugh how many people think kindness is a weakness… its the ultimate strength.
69. It makes no sense why people think that at 18, 22, 30, that they have to have their life figured out when “figuring everything out” is a forever game.
71. No matter where you start, how you finish is on you.
72. Nobody owes you shit.
73. Looking backwards fucks with your neck.
75. Shit changes …. get used to it.
76. Don’t waste energy. Focus on what you control. Not what you wish you controlled.
77. Wanna be happy? Have zero expectations of others.
79. It’s possible. The question is are you hungry enough and willing to fucking eat shit, or are you soft?
80. Google is your mother.
81. I don’t want the money, I want the freedom.
82. If you live for weekends and vacations, your shit is broken.
84. My lack of education allows me to keep things very simple. But simple is what plays out.
85. You’re not entitled to your dreams
87. The Internet doesn’t care that you’re not interested in learning. It will continue to evolve without you.
88. When you’re a CEO or an executive, your job is to make decisions. Not sit in a conference room for an hour and 43 minutes to make a judgement call that could’ve been made in 17 minutes.
89. I’m educating… and my tuition is free.
91. Don’t waste energy … focus on what you control, not what you wish you controlled.
92. When you realize how unimportant you are to 99.999999999% of people, their judgment losses weight. They aren’t worried about you, they have their own shit
94. The difference between a great CEO and one who isn’t is that one understands they’re a “parent”, while the other thinks they’re a “babysitter.”
96. People want to succeed fast because they want to prove something to somebody else. That’s what makes them vulnerable.
97. We have a whole culture that is disproportionately judging the youth that they fucking parented.
99. Don’t create “fake environments” for your kids. They’ll fall hard later in life.
100. I’m not trying to be cool, I’m trying to be happy.
102. When you do what you love, you’re consistent as fuck.
103. You’re gonna die, do something about it.
104. You’re not lazy, you just don’t love what you do.
104. You move fast when you don’t pay attention to judgement.
105. I don’t give a fuck about what anybody thinks about me, because they don’t know who the fuck I am inside.
106. Happiness over money.
107. When you’re grateful, you see full cups!
108. Allowing people’s opinion to dictate your behavior, has to stop.
109. Instead of reading chapters 1, 2 and 3 start writing 4, 5, and 6.
110. Want to be happy? Have zero expectations of others.
111. People lose because they want things fast. When life is long.
112. How you make your money is more important than how much you make.
113. Nobody likes transition when it costs them money, the problem is the market doesn’t care about you.
114. If you’re complaining, you have to check your receipts.
115. The amount of people seeing this in their feed on Instagram that don’t believe in what they sell is devastating.
116. There’s nothing passive about building wealth. There is no fucking system. There is no fucking shortcut. It’s a fucking marathon.
117. Drink $50 coffee if you are happy and don’t complain, but if you’re crying, check your bills!
118. Everybody’s so crippled by decisions, but you’ll never know how the other thing worked out.
119. I think people overthink decisions. There’s no time machine, there’s no future machine – you’ll never know what the alternative would have been. So just pick one and do it!
120. I just don’t think your degree is as safe as you think.
121. There is no perfect decision, there’s just life.
122. Nobody is paying their bills with followers.
123. Instant noodles are delicious when you’re trying to get to caviar.
124. Authenticity is only achievable when it’s actually authentic.
125. Having a global footprint allows your to adjust to different micro scenarios
126. I’m never off.
127. The market is my mentor.
128. It’s possible. The question is are you hungry enough and willing to fucking eat shit, or are you soft?
129. So much is working for me right now because on paper, so much did not work for me as a child.
130. I love the game, not the trophies that come from winning the game.
131. We lack patience, which leads to shit behavior because you’re looking for a quick score.
132. I’m an Anthropologist.
133. Admiration is a lot more exciting than a couple extra 0s in your bank account.
134. You’re in control of everything, Every Fucking Thing. Your parents, husband, wife, boy, girl, sister, grandmother suck? Are negative? Limit those fuckers! Limit those fuckers!!!!!
135. “No” is an entrepreneurs best friend.
136. Nobody wants to make the sacrifices, they only want the upside of entrepreneurship.
137. Kindness and compassion are THE strengths, don’t let anyone confuse you.
138. My great passion is to redefine what success looks like, and turn it from something that’s focused entirely on money, to happiness and feeling “light” inside.
139. If I could wish anyone anything besides health, it would be emotional intelligence. It is the skill of life.
140. Giving more than you take is an incredible way to get.
141. Happiness is remarkably quiet, and negativity is extremely loud – don’t let that confuse you of how great things are.
142. Once you realize that nobody gives a fuck, shit gets real interesting.
143. I don’t require my employees to live the same framework I live in terms of work ethic – it’s not their business.
144. I am desperate to be the person that provides the most value for free.
145. Everybody wants it fast and easy but in their actions they’re slow.
146. The interesting thing though for that 80% that are looking for it, is 98% of them won’t do anything about it. That is what’s interesting to me.
147. I go on stage because I’m on operator, not a commentator.
148. I love “no.” I love your judgement. I love you telling me i’m not or I cant. I’m used to it.
149. Kindness is the ultimate strength in our society.
150. The problem is 98% of people are sitting on 50/50 their whole fuckin life, which means they’re 0/0.
151. You’ll never know what the alternative would have been. You pick one and you never ever ever even consider to look back.
152. Until you go through it, you won’t know.
153. To look at two ideas and think that you can practically make a good decision is laughable. Literally flip a coin.
154. My losses are mine, i’ll deal with them myself. I don’t hear others’ 2 cents because they’re losing plenty on their own.
155. If you don’t give a fuck about what people think, you can do everything.
156. I don’t even respect my losses, I don’t even give them the time to teach me anything. I fuckin look them in the face and say fuck you then keep going.
157. Way too many of you dwell on your losses, it’s holding you back. It’s over, move the fuck on!
158. You can do everything wrong for the next 10 years of your life and still be young as fuck.
159. Entrepreneurship is cool now. And if you’re in this just to flex on instagram, you’re going to lose.
160. I was willing to do it because it was all i could do.
161. I’m too grounded in practicality to be a talker. I would be embarrassed to talk and not execute.
162. I’m unbelievably fine with not achieving my goals. I’m not fine with not trying too.
163. I love losing, believe it or not, because that means i deserved it.
I think changing your mind all of the time is the core strength of a human being.
164. Why do people dream and not do? They’re insecure.
165. At the end of the day things, have to become practical.
166. You’re not gonna know. Choose, live. If it works out great and if it doesn’t adjust.
167. There’s no right answer, there’s only your actual path.
168. If you do hire that person to do all of the defense shit, it lets you go on the offense and your growth accelerates even greater than your cost.
169. I’ve put my businesses ahead of myself everyday of my life in my career, which is why I built huge businesses.
170. Most people build businesses so that they can buy shit from the business and take, I feed the business.
171. Doing always beats thinking, the end.
172. Everyone still values their time or they’re so insecure about other people judging their decision that they don’t fucking make.
173. The ability to not care about anybody else’s opinions is the singular gateway to happiness.
174. You don’t defeat hate with hate, you defeat hate with love at scale.
175. Blaming ——-> easy
Accountability ———-> hard
Most good things are hard.
176. Save money ! $ it’s a good idea
177. Be kind! ♥️
178. Doing always beats thinking, the end
179. I lack entitlement. It’s my strength
180. The #1 thing that fascinates me about people is they take the past and give it so much credit and they underestimate the current and the future.
181. The only decision that needs to be made, is the one that you will regret the least when you’re 90.
182. Never, ever be at the mercy of somebody else.
183. Something that happened yesterday, has nothing to do with tomorrow.
184. If your parents are paying for any part of your lifestyle and you’re over 22 and you shit on them behind their backs for not helping more…you need to rethink your perspective on life.
185. I didn’t fail school, school failed me. School fails entrepreneurs everyday, because it’s not built for entrepreneurs, it’s built for workers.
186. Your grandparents went through war and the depression and now you’re crying because you don’t have 1,000 followers? Get the fuck out of here.
187. Roll up to that cute girl in the bar and ask her out. Roll up on that good looking dude and take him out for coffee. Roll up on your business idea and make it happen. Because being 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and having regrets that you didn’t swing the bat is the worst regret of them all.
188. If you live for weekends and vacations, your shit is broken.
189. Nobody gives a fuck about your feelings.
190. It’s easy to dream about it… much harder to execute it. Work!
191. Once you are happy for people instead of envious, you can start the process of getting to a happy place.
192. Don’t waste energy. Focus on what you control. Not what you wish you controlled.
193. If your voice in your head is mean to you. Remember that someone manipulated that voice and instilled it in you. Kill that fake voice and find yours. I love you. Now love yourself.
194. Everyone else sucks too, they might just be better at faking it than you.
You can’t love it just when it’s convenient.
195. I’m educating… and my tuition is free
When you give and you have an expectation, you are not a good person, you are a manipulator.
196. If you’re a CEO and your employees aren’t performing, that’s on you.
Solving it comes down to 3 things:
- Take the blame
- Communicate better
- Tell them they’re not executing at the level you’re hoping for. Then ask, “what can I do to help?”
Then actually start helping.
197. You can’t be the best at something in the world… passively.
198. Nothing that’s happened in the past is holding you back from the future.
199. Humans find what they’re looking for on social media. If you’re looking for a fight and negativity, you’re gonna find it. If you’re looking for happiness and positivity, you’re gonna find it at scale
200. You aren’t guaranteed to win, but you are guaranteed an “at bat” and that makes this world we live in fucking amazing!
201. Life is still high school! People are still so worried about other people’s opinions and are confused that they think the world revolves around them.
202. Get over yourself and go enjoy your life.